RIDI Awards 2021 winners announced
The Recruitment Industry Disability Initiative (RIDI) Awards has revealed 2021’s finalists, after another record year of entries.
Now, in its eighth year, the RIDI Awards celebrate pioneering employers and recruiters who, as we return to a very different working world, are safeguarding and progressing opportunities for disabled job seekers through accessible and equitable employment policies and processes.
RIDI is a unique initiative to lead change in recruitment by encouraging and supporting recruiters and businesses to remove the barriers faced by the millions of disabled job seekers; particularly at a time when many organisations are recruiting to fill a high number of vacancies.
The winners of the 2021 Recruitment Industry Disability Initiative Awards were announced at an online awards event hosted by Paralympian gold medallist, Liz Johnson.
Jane Hatton, Director, Evenbreak is the RIDI Awards Chair of Judges. She said: “I’m thrilled to say we have been overwhelmed with the quality, variety and total number of entries this year. All finalists presented the judging panel with tough decisions but we believe the winners were exceptional.”
“I’d also like to thank our judges, who have volunteered their time in order to make this incredible journey possible. As ever, the RIDI Awards are the perfect place for inclusive employers and recruiters to share stories of success to inspire others and gain the recognition they deserve.”
The event was made possible due to the support of ‘Gold’ sponsors such as DWF, the Clear Company, Guidant Global, Lloyd’s and Brookson; ‘Silver’ sponsors, included Chemical Code, and Recite Me;
The winners of this year’s awards were
- Best Inclusive Recruitment Campaign – Winner, Viacom CBS. Highly Commended, Millwood Servicing.
- Disability Confident – Network Rail
- Disability Specialist – C Talent
- Getting Started – Winner, PageGroup. Highly Commended, Mace Group – Enabled at Mace ERG
- Inclusive Recruiter of the year – Civil Service Fast Stream and Emerging Talent team
- Making a Difference, Private Sector – Winner, Balfour Beatty Vinci Systra JV. Highly Commended, DPD UK.
- Making a Difference, Public Sector – North East London NHS Foundation Trust
- Recruiting Back Better – Winner, Guidant Global. Highly Commended, Newcastle Upon Tyne Hospitals NHS Trust
The winner of the prestigious Greatest Impact award, voted for by attendees on the day, was North East London NHS Foundation Trust
Congratulations to all our finalists and winners for sharing their stories of best practice in increasing disability confidence in the recruitment sector.